Lola Méndez is a full-time traveler sharing her adventures on Miss Filatelista as she collects passport stamps. She travels to develop her own worldview and has explored 45 countries. Passionate about sustainable travel, she seeks out ethical experiences that benefit local communities. You can follow her on Facebook and Instagram.
- I cannot travel without my two portable chargers. One just is not enough! My phone needs enough juice to take pictures, access my Instagram account @MissFilatelista, and be able to navigate using Google maps. I don’t usually buy sim cards when I travel, so I need to make sure I am always wifi ready!
- My newest travel necessity is the Diva Cup. After embarrassing interactions at pharmacies trying to buy female menstruation products abroad I decided to try it. Not only is it better for the environment, and your body (no TSS risk), but it is incredibly easy to use and clean.
- As I am Latina, superstitions are deeply engraved in my beliefs. I have never once traveled without a token of good luck. My good omen is a hand stitched patch that my fairy godmother made me with a portrait of Frida Kahlo and the inscription, ”Embrace Your Passion.”
- I also wear talismans. All of my 12 tattoos (and counting) are reminders of the way I want to live my life and the type of person I aspire to be. I also wear many crystals and gems. I believe in the healing and protecting power of these stones. One particularly special piece is the amethyst my father brought me from his homeland, Uruguay.
- You cannot carry paper books when you travel, they get too heavy. I started using a Kindle reader on my Ipad and now can keep a library of books on me wherever I go.
Great list ladies, we always find a new tips or two, from our fellow travel experts. Go Discover, Go Explore, Go Live it!