Black Bean Chopped Salad With Avocado-Cilantro Dressing
For the avocado-cilantro dressing:
- 1 avocado
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar (optional)
- Using a food processor, mix the avocado, garlic, cilantro, yogurt, lime juice, olive oil, salt, pepper, and vinegar. Add water to thin out the dressing as desired. Set aside.
For the chopped salad:
- 3 cups romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1/2 bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cucumber, chopped
- 1/2 cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup canned corn, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Make sure the lettuce, tomato, bell pepper, and cucumber are all finely chopped. Rinse and drain canned black beans and canned corn. Add all salad ingredients, chili powder, and cumin to a large bowl and toss with the desired amount of avocado-cilantro dressing.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately.