Chai Hot Toddy with Rum
- bag black tea with chai spices
- 8 oz. hot water
- 1 tbsp. honey
- 1 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 2 oz. dark rum
- Lemon wedge
- Pour the hot water over the tea in a heat-proof glass or mug. Add the honey and stir until completely dissolved.
- Allow to steep for 3 to 4 minutes, then discard the tea bag.
- Add lemon juice and rum and stir until combined.
- Garnish with the lemon wedge.
Chai Hot Toddy with Dark Rum
In place of cloves we like to make this drink with the warm spices in chai. They echo the flavor of a typical clove-infused toddy, but the addition of cinnamon, ginger, cardamom, nutmeg, and flinty black pepper, coupled with the tannic tang of the tea, make the warming drink even more appealing.