Cherry Orange Sorbet
- 4 cups of frozen cherries ( about a pound)
- 1/4 cup of freshly squeezed orange juice
- 2 tablespoons of maple syrup
- pinch of sea salt
- Just place all the ingredients in a high speed blender or food processor and mix.
- If you used a high-speed blender like the Blendtec or the Vitamix you could serve it immediately. If not, place in a freezer safe container and let it rest in the freezer covered. Take it out of the freezer a bit before serving so the sorbet can soften. If you're feeling adventurous, serve this with a sprinkle of orange zest and a very small pinch of sea salt. Enjoy!
I don‘t know about you, but where I live it is burning hot. Every time I go out the door I get a burning feeling all over my body. I start feeling that everything begins to stick and I begin to sweat like crazy. I don’t even know what to wear anymore. I have tried everything: shorts, skirts, pants, nothing works. I´m still too hot.
The only thing that gives me comfort is knowing that when I arrive home I’ll have something as fresh and delicious as this sorbet to cool off with. Sorbets are just a mixture of fruit and a sweetener. For this version of sorbets, I used frozen fruit to start. I always find it easier to start them this way. It is so, so easy to make that I really hope it becomes a staple in your house and you can always have it in your fridge.
I love to buy frozen cherries and have them in the freezer all the time. Cherries are full of benefits and always do the trick when I´m craving something sweet.
This sorbet is made with orange juice and maple syrup—all clean, healthy ingredients. Why do I think this is important?Because you do not have to wait until dessert time to have it. Do as I do and eat it whenever that feeling of a burning body hits you.