Chorizo and Roasted Red Peppers Frittata
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- ½ cup Spanish onion, chopped
- ½ pound Spanish chorizo filling
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- ¼ cup roasted red peppers, sliced
- 10 large eggs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a cast iron skillet over medium heat, warm two tablespoons of olive oil and cook the onion until it becomes transparent. Add the chorizo, parsley, and red roasted peppers. Cook all the way through stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine eggs, chorizo, salt, and pepper. Add to the skillet and let cook just until the edges begin to set.
- Remove from the heat and place in the oven until the frittata has cooked through, about 18-20 minutes. Serve warm.
Cooking a great meal after a busy working day can be as simple as mixing your favorite sausage into some eggs and cooking it in the oven. To do just that in an amazingly delicious way, I’m sharing this beautiful chorizo and roasted red peppers frittata recipe that I’m sure your family will enjoy.
To make this frittata, I cooked some Spanish chorizo filling I found at that local grocery store with onions, parsley, and roasted red peppers. I then mixed the chorizo with lightly beaten eggs, poured it into a cast iron skillet, and baked for about 20 minutes—that’s it! Pair with a salad and enjoy a simple, quick, and delicious dinner in less than 30 minutes.