- 1 bunch of fresh mint, trimmed (about 1 cup)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 3/4 cups light rum* *Make it Havana Club rum if you’re lucky enough to get a seat on one of the first commercial flights to Havana from the U.S. after more than 60 years. The U.S. government just recently eased restrictions on imported goods from Cuba, so you can now bring back as much rum as you want.
- 1 1/4 cups fresh lime juice, or 12 limes to juice
- 3/4 cup frozen cranberry juice cocktail concentrate, thawed
- 2 bottles sparkling water, chilled
- With a wooden spoon, muddle mint with sugar in the bottom of a large pitcher or serving container.
- Add the rum and lime juice; stir completely to mix with sugar.
- Add in and mix the thawed cranberry juice concentrate and water.
- Add and stir in 6 cups of ice.
For a simpler and quicker individual version (perhaps much needed after braving the crowds and visiting Santa with the kids at the mall), try mixing the rum with some cranberry ginger ale, a splash of lime juice, and hint of mint. That way you can skip the sugar and don’t need to wait for the cranberry juice concentrate to thaw. #instanthappyhour