Curried Pumpkin Bisque
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped (1/3 cup)
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon grated gingerroot
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne) or to taste
- 1 can (15 oz) pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix)
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- ¼ cup sour cream
- Fresh chives, if desired
- In 2-quart saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Cook onion in oil 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until softened.
- Stir in garlic, curry powder, salt, gingerroot, black pepper and red pepper. Cook and stir 1 minute.
- Stir in pumpkin, half-and-half and broth.
- Cook 4 minutes longer.
- Remove from heat; cool 5 minutes.
- In blender, place pumpkin mixture. Cover; blend on high speed 30 to 60 seconds or until smooth.
- Divide bisque evenly among 12 shot glasses, using 1/4 cup in each.
- Top each with 1 teaspoon sour cream. Garnish with chives.
Everyone loves pumpkin this time of year. Take pumpkin to a whole new level with Curried Pumpkin Bisque Shooters!
Looking for complimentary drink for this dish. This is new fall favorite drink that I discovered. A delicious Honeycrisp Apple Sangria recipe. The drink can be paired with the this Curried Pumpkin Bisque Shooters for a Happy Hour nibble or you can serve it for a Thanksgiving starter.
The soup can also be served as a traditional Thanksgiving dish.