Custard Snow Pie
Posted: December 5, 2016
- Pastry for one crust pie, baked
- 1 recipe meringue
- ¼ cup all purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 whole egg
- ½ cup cold milk
- 1 cup scalded milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup shredded coconut (no sugar added)
- Sift together flour, salt, and sugar.
- In separate bowl, beat together eggs and add cold milk.
- Blend wet into dry ingredients and combine.
- Slowly add scalded milk.
- Place the mixture in the top of a double boiler and stir constantly until thick.
- Remove from heat and add vanilla. Cool completely.
- Sprinkle coconut on top of the pie crust before adding cooled custard.
- Top with meringue and bake 15 minutes at 350 to brown. Cool before cutting.