Here are some tasty Day of the Dead cocktails to pay homage to the dead. These drinks should be placed on altars to quench the thirst of the departed after their long journey to the afterlife.
El Cráneo Blanco
- 1 ½ parts Tres Agaves Reposado Tequila
- ½ part Mezcal
- ¾ part Fino Sherry
- ½ part pear liqueur
- Stir ingredients and strain over large ice cube. Garnish with a lemon twist (optional).
Skull on the Rocks
- ½ parts Tres Agaves Reposado Tequila
- ¾ part sweet vermouth
- 1 dash Angostura bitters
- 1 Campari ice cube (Campari ice cube: Overnight, freeze a mixture of Campari and water, at a ratio close to 50:50)
- In a short rocks glass, combine Tres Agaves, sweet vermouth and dash of Angostura bitters. Place the Campari ice cube in glass and if desired, garnish with a SMALL pinch of pink salt. As the salt hits the cube, it will spur the Campari cube to melt.