Are you searching for ways to pay for college for yourself or a family member? If so, you’re in luck. We’ve rounded up a list of scholarship funds, all of which provide Latinas and Hispanic students with the financial aid necessary to attend higher education and realize the dream of gaining degrees, particularly in STEM fields. Before returning to your search, you might also want to check out our recent article on President Obama’s Community College Funding Program, and this piece on the rise in STEM college scholarships focused on Latinas. The following scholarships provide funds specifically for Latin American and Hispanic students looking to advance their education:
- The Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers Foundation provides Hispanic students seeking to study engineering with awards ranging from $1,000-$5,000 and awards a total of $500,000 in scholarships each year. The deadline for 2015 is in May 1st at 5:00 PM EST.
- The Hispanic Association of Colleges and Universities awards aid for Hispanic students in need ranging from $1,000-$4,000 regardless of the student’s field of interest. Deadlines vary based on scholarship.
- For students studying computers or computer engineering, The Hispanic College Fund and Google provide both a $10,000 scholarship an all-expense paid trip to Google’s headquarters in California.
- The National Association of Hispanic Nurses awards Latina and Hispanic students studying nursing with awards ranging from $1,000-$5,000 yearly.
- For business students, The League of United Latin American Citizens provides two $5,000 awards to Latin American students studying business.
- The National Alliance for Hispanic Health provides 35 awards yearly to students studying in science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM) fields.