Meatless Mince Pie Recipe
Posted: December 5, 2016
- 1 cup stewed, pitted prunes, chopped
- 4 cups apples, minced
- juice + grated rind (zest) of one small orange
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- ¼ cup prune juice
- ¼ cup light molasses
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- ¾ cup finely chopped walnuts, pecans or cashews
- In a medium size bowl, combine prunes, apple, oranges juice, and zest.
- In a separate bowl, blend the salt, sugar, flour prune juice and molasses then add the mixture to the fruit bowl and combine.
- Pour filling into unbaked pie crust lined pie pan.
- Lightly warm the coconut oil and add brown sugar and nuts. Remove from heat and sprinkle over top of pie.
- Bake at 450 for 10 minutes then at 350 for 45 to 50 minutes.
- Serve with or without freshly whipped cream.