Mexican Hot Cocoa
- High quality dark chocolate hot cocoa
- 1½ ounces Casamigos Reposado tequila
- ¼ ounces agave nectar
- 1 pinch cayenne powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 homemade marshmallow (optional)
- Prepare hot chocolate according to package directions.
- In a mug, stir together 4½ ounces hot chocolate, tequila, agave, cayenne and salt and top with marshmallow, if using.
- Pro-tip: If you’re feeling a little pyro, take a kitchen torch—like the one you’d use for crème brûlée—to the top of the marshmallow after you’ve placed it in the mug.
Mexican Hot Chocolate
Originally published by Self.com http://www.self.com/story/made-holidays-tequila-spiked-mexican-hot-chocolate
One reason we love the holidays is the nostalgia, which includes hot chocolate and takes us back to those years we were little kids. Snow pants and sledding, fireplaces and family. Unfortunately, we’re adults now and have to beg our bosses for days off between Christmas and New Year’s. To ease the pain on growing older, we’ve got an iconic childhood treat—a mug of hot-chocolate—and made it ‘adults-only’. The key is to use premium ingredients: resposado tequila, organic dark chocolate (to reap the benefits of antioxidants and a little fiber), plus the compound capsaicin in cayenne acts as a pain reliever, which will be helpful after you wipe out snowboarding. This cocktail version is care of Pamela Wiznitzer, president of the New York chapter of the United States Bartenders’ Guild.