Mexican Recipe Chile de Arbol Mole
- 6 roma tomatoes
- ¼ yellow onion chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, mince
- 6 chile de arbol
- 1 celery bunch, chopped
- ¼ cup almonds, rough chopped
- 3 cups of vegetable stock
- 1 tablespoon coriander
- In a 4 quart saucepan place a tablespoon of olive oil.
- Add onions, garlic, celery and chile de arbol over medium heat for 5-7 minutes.
- Add the almonds and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and coriander and continue to stir for 10 minutes.
- Pour vegetable stock for over the mixture and lower heat to low. Simmer for 30 minutes.
- Remove mixture and blend in food processor.
- Return combined ingredients back in saucepan and simmer 2 hours.
Chef Susie shares her spicy tip on how to make Mole using delicious ingredients and a variety of peppers.
Chef Jimenez pairs a Chile de Arbol Mole recipe with a crisp chilled glass of Albariño from Hendry Ranch Winery. Susie just returned from a visit to Napa Valley, where she spent a week living among the vines.
You will love it!