The Paloma Cocktail
- Kosher salt
- 1 grapefruit wedge
- ¼ cup fresh grapefruit juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ¼ cup mescal or tequila
- ¼ cup club soda
- Pour some kosher salt on a plate.
- Rub half of rim of a highball glass with grapefruit wedge; dip rim of glass in salt.
- Combine grapefruit juice, lime juice, and sugar in glass; stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Stir in mescal, add ice, and top off with club soda.
- Garnish with grapefruit wedge.
Shared by Bon Appétit Test Kitchen – January 2013
It turns out the Paloma, not the Margarita, is Mexico’s most beloved cocktail.