The Penicillin Cocktail
- 2 oz blended scotch
- 3⁄4 oz fresh lemon juice
- 3⁄4 oz honey-ginger syrup
- 1 1⁄2 oz aged single malt scotch
- Candied ginger, to garnish
- 1 cup honey
- 1 (6-inch) piece ginger, peeled and thinly sliced
- Combine blended scotch, lemon juice, and syrup in a cocktail shaker filled with ice; shake vigorously
- Strain into a rocks glass with one large ice cube.
- Garnish with candied ginger
- Combine honey, ginger, and 1 cup water in a 2-qt. saucepan over high; boil
- Reduce heat to medium and simmer 5 minutes
- chill overnight, strain, discarding solids
Created in 2005 in NYC by Australian native Sam Ross, this smokey and spicy drink has been one of the most influential of the decade.