- 2 ripe plantains
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- salt, pepper, and/or any other spices you prefer
- Remove plantain peel and slice plaintain diagonally into 1/4" pieces. Place a few paper towels on a plate, and place to the side of frying pan, on the counter.
- Place oil in frying pan. Place as many plaintain pieces as will fit in the pan.
- Fry until crispy and golden brown, on each side. Repeat as necessary.
- Blot onto paper to remove excess oil. Sprinkle salt/pepper/spices on top of plaintains.
You can either fry them golden or leave in a little longer for a deeper sweet taste.
Sprinkle with salt and serve as a side dish or snack. Enjoy!