Spicy Guacamole Salad
- 2 pieces bacon, torn into pieces
- 1 honey mustard chicken tenderloin, shredded [link to brunch bowls: Cherry19BrunchBowls]
- ½ C cilantro-lime rice [link to brunch bowls: Cherry19BrunchBowls]
- 4 ounces guacamole
- salad greens of choice (I use ½ head red leaf lettuce)
- ¼ C shredded Colby-Jack cheese
- 1 Campari tomato, chopped
- 1 large free-range egg, hard boiled and chopped
- salt, black pepper, red pepper flakes, garlic powder, honey, lime juice, hot sauce, cilantro (paste or fresh) to taste
- If you don't already have them cooked and stored in your freezer in individual serving plastic baggies (I highly recommend it; It saves a lot of time to just have something you can throw into the refrigerator to thaw the day of without having to measure it out), prepare the honey mustard chicken and the cilantro-lime rice.
- Hard-boil the egg and let cool.
- Wash lime, tomato, and greens in a vinegar solution and dry.
- Put all of the ingredients in a large bowl and toss.
- Serve with some crusty bread and a Hibiscus Margarita. With this amount of protein it makes for a perfect post-workout meal or a satisfying lunch when you have a long day ahead of you.
- Or, of course, when you just need to throw some delicious things together and lighten up about life in general. Guacsalada is perfect for all of that.
Guacsalada. Say it with me. Out loud. Do you feel a little cheesy? Great! That’s kind of the point. Doing and saying silly things is a good way to embrace the absurd and remind yourself not to take anything in life too seriously. That’s the ethos of this recipe, so embrace and buen provecho!
Guacsalada is casual, low pressure, and comes with no strict rules. Got a jalapeno lying around? Chop that up and sprinkle it on! Have some dried fruit pieces that you can’t remember how long have been in the cupboard? Toss ’em in, just because!
Want to adjust the amount of guacamole or use a mashed-up avocado with Greek yogurt instead? Go for it! Want to follow this recipe exactly while dancing around by yourself and listening to a feel-good YouTube playlist? Wonderful idea, amiga. Do you!