Vegan Polenta Fries with Garlic Tomato Sauce
- 1 (24-ounce) tube polenta, halved and cut into 1-inch thick fries
- olive oil mister or cooking spray
- salt + pepper to taste
- 3 roma tomatoes, cut into large chunks
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. balsamic vinegar
- 3 basil leaves
- pinch of red pepper flakes (optional)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Spray two baking sheets with olive oil.
- Place polenta fries on one baking sheet. Spray tops with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Place tomatoes and garlic cloves on second baking sheet and spray with additional oil.
- Transfer both sheets to oven, placing the tomatoes on lower rack. Bake tomatoes for 10 minutes, stirring after 5. Bake fries for 25-30 minutes more, until crisp and golden-brown.
- Transfer tomatoes and garlic to food processor and add olive oil, vinegar, basil leaves, and red pepper flakes. Process until almost smooth. Add salt to taste. Serve sauce with polenta fries.
Recipe from Ohmyveggies.com
Baked Polenta Fries. If you haven’t had them before, they’re polenta cut into steak fries and baked until crispy on the outside. Magic happens when you bake polenta. Yes, really, magic! Although they take about 40 minutes to bake, they require minimal effort on your part–just take a tube of polenta, cut it into fries, and bake until crisp and golden and browned on the edges. Magic!