Vegan Taco: Cauliflower-Chickpea with Mango Salsa
- 2 teaspoons of chili powder
- 1 teaspoon of ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon of onion powder
- 1 teaspoon of sea-salt
- 2 teaspoons of fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of water
- 1 (15 oz.) can of chickpeas drained and rinsed.
- 1 small head of cauliflower, washed and cut
- Corn tortillas
- 1 cup of finely chopped red cabbage
- 1 jalapeño sliced. If you really want some heat, keep the seeds. If you want to cut back on the spice, remove the seeds.
- 1 large avocado diced
- chopped cilantro
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, the cumin, sea salt, lime juice, olive oil, and water.
- Stir in cauliflower and chickpeas.
- Once the cauliflower and chickpeas are seasoned, place them on a baking sheet and roast for about 30 minutes—stirring occasionally. You want the chickpeas to be crisp, and the cauliflower to be just slightly tender.
- Prepare Mango Salsa.
Recently, my mom introduced me to a new vegan taco recipe—roasted cauliflower and chickpea tacos with a mango salsa. These are muy buena. People like me who aren’t vegan, but often enjoy vegan recipes, may find that these tacos are tastier than they ever imagined meat and dairy-free food could be.