With her latest single, “Havana,” sitting at No. 2 on the Billboard Hot 100 chart, Camila Cabello is currently killin’ it with her solo career. But that’s not the only thing she’s fiercely slaying. The former Fifth Harmony member, who released a remix to “Havana” alongside Daddy Yankee, attended the 2017 Latin GRAMMY Awards on Thursday night, and she looked absolutely stunning.
Donning a breathtaking, plunging Monique Lhuillier watercolor gown, Cabello was the crowned princess of the night. The “Crying in the Club” singer topped her look off with a soft makeup look and low braided ponytail. Allan Avendaño, the artist behind her makeup, explained his inspiration for the look. “We decided to go for a soft, rosy look and glowing skin to complement Camila’s ethereal Monique Lhuillier gown,” he explained.
As for the hair, her stylist Dimitris Giannetos says, “For Camila’s Latin Grammy look, I wanted to give her a very beautiful low braided ponytail because her dress is dreamy and romantic. I gave the braid an edgy, yet modern vibe!”
If you’re obsessed with Cabello’s beauty look as much as we are, see below for the full hair and makeup breakdown to give this look a try for your next glam outing.
Makeup How To:
- Prep your skin with L’Oréal Paris Infallible Pro-Matte Lock Mattifying Primer. Then, to achieve her complexion, apply L’Oréal Paris Infallible Pro-Glow Foundation with a L’Oréal Paris Infallible Blend Artist Foundation Blender.
- For a refreshed looked, apply the lightest shade of the L’Oréal Paris Infallible Total Cover Concealing and Contour Kit under your eyes and around your nose.
- Next, dust L’Oréal Paris Visible Lift Radiance Cheek Duo in Romantic in Rose across the apples of your cheeks.
- To add extra luminosity, apply L’Oréal Paris True Match Lumi Glotion Natural Glow Enhancer in Light above your cheekbones and down the bridge of your nose. Then, layer L’Oréal Paris True Match Lumi Glow Nude Palette in Sunkissed on top of the Glotion.
- To keep your eyes looking neutral, like Camila, shape them with the cream, brown and taupe shades of L’Oréal Paris La Palette Nude and add a little highlight in the inner corners of your eyes.
- For that extremely elongated lash look, use the dual-sided L’Oréal Paris Voluminous X-Fiber Mascara on your top lashes. First, apply one coat of the black primer and follow with two coats of the fiber-infused mascara.
- To achieve Camila’s lips, lightly line your lips with L’Oréal Paris Colour Riche Lip Liner in Mattes It and then apply L’Oréal Paris Infallible Pro-Matte Gloss in Bare Attraction. Finally, top off the look with L’Oréal Paris Colour Riche Shine Lipstick in Polished Tango, for extra shine.
Hair How To:
- Prep by spraying L’Oréal Paris Advanced Hairstyle Air Dry It Wave Swept Spray on damp hair at the roots. On the ends, apply a couple of pumps of L’Oréal Paris Advanced Hairstyle Boost It Volume Inject Mousse for extra volume and texture.
- Spray your hair with L’Oréal Paris Advanced Hairstyle Sleek It Iron Straight Heatspray to protect it from the heat, them blow dry it. Using a 1¼” curling iron, curl your hair in different directions to create loose waves.
- To keep the curls in place, spray L’Oréal Paris Elnett Extra Strong Hold Satin Hairspray (Camila’s stylist’s all-time favorite!) all over and tousle the hair.
- Next, pull hair in a low ponytail and leave out hair around the hairline.
- Secure the hair with an elastic band, then take a small strand of hair and wrap it around the elastic band.
- To create the braid, back comb the ponytail and split it into three parts. Camila’s stylist braided backwards throughout the end and secured it with a clear small elastic band.
- To complete the look, apply a couple of drops of the new L’Oréal Paris Elvive Extraordinary Oil Treatment to give your hair a natural shine.