Sponsored by Sargento Foods
Dinnertime is a special moment to connect with family and share a delicious meal together. For cocinero casero Jose, family dinners were always a priority growing up and he’s kept that tradition with his brother to this day! As a third-generation family-owned company, Sargento understands the importance of dinnertime and the unforgettable bond families create over a meal. Although Jose’s family isn’t as large as it once was, his chosen family fills the table seats as he prepares a tasty dinner.
Now, when it comes to Jose’s cooking style, much of it was influenced by his mother, who he watched and learned from growing up. One of the most important lessons she taught him was to use quality ingredients, which is why he trusts Sargento’s commitment to real, natural cheese for all his cheesy family dinners!
Surprise your family with this fun and easy Cheesy Supreme Nachos recipe made with Sargento® Shredded 4 Cheese Mexican Natural Cheese. This delicious blend combines Monterey Jack Cheese, Mild Cheddar Cheese, Queso Quesadilla Cheese, and Asadero cheese for an authentic smooth flavor that your familia will love! Check out the recipe below.
- 1 bag of corn tortilla chips (10-12 oz)
- 1 lb of skirt steak
- 1 roma tomato
- ¼ onion
- 1 jalapeño
- ¼ cup of cilantro
- 3 limes
- Pickled jalapeños (for garnish)
- Salt & black pepper (to taste)
- Avocado oil
- 1 packet of Sargento® Shredded 4 Cheese Mexican Natural Cheese
- First, make your Pico de Gallo.
- Start by chopping the jalapeño and cilantro and dicing the onion and tomato.
- Transfer to a bowl and mix the jalapeño, cilantro, onion, tomato, and juice from two limes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and set to the side.
- Next, thinly slice your skirt steak (if necessary) and add to a bowl with the juice of one lime, a small amount of avocado oil, and salt and pepper as desired. Toss to mix together.
- On a medium hot skillet, sear the steak and keep it juicy– don’t overcook.
- Once the steak is to your liking, dice and set it aside.
- Preheat the oven to 400℉ and lay the tortilla chips in an oven-safe dish or sheet pan.
- Top with Sargento® Shredded 4 Cheese Mexican Natural Cheese, add the diced steak, and place in the oven for 3 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- Serve and top with Pico de Gallo and pickled jalapeño.
For us, food is about creating memories with the people you love. And Sargento, a 3rd generation family-owned company, understands the importance of this.
Try this Tex-Mex recipe and check out Jose’s socials for more cheesy creations.