We have always known about the “Chimi” sauce as a go-to item for any of our grilled meat dishes. Now, it has been discovered. Chimichurri is a fabulous green sauce that’s been steadily growing in popularity across the American restaurant landscape. This herby, garlicky, tangy, spicy, and very green condiment is great on all kinds of grilled meats.
- 2 cups packed fresh Italian parsley
- 4 teaspoons dried oregano (or 1/4 cup packed fresh oregano leaves)
- 4 medium garlic cloves, peeled and smashed
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Pulse the garlic, parsley, and oregano in a food processor, until finely chopped.
- Remove ingredients from food processor and transfer to a bowl, where you will add the olive oil and vinegar. Stir. Add salt and red pepper flakes to taste.
- Store in the refrigerator, in an airtight container, until ready to use (at least 2 hours).