- 8 short ribs
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 yellow onion, sliced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 1 cup of red wine
- 1 cup grape seed oil
- 2 cups flour
- ¼ cup tomato paste
- 2 quarts beef stock
- Flour each short rib, remove excessive flour. In a skillet place grape seed oil and brown all sides. Preheat over to 350 degrees
- Set into a 4 inch pan, repeat until you are done with all your short ribs.
- Place your onions, carrots, celery and brown in the skillet.
- Deglaze the pot with red wine, scraping the pan along the way and combine all the vegetables into the pan. Cover with tomato paste, spices and stock.
- Cover with foil and bake for up to 6 hours at 350 degrees.
Chef Susie was in Sonoma Valley sharing her culinary expertise at a winemaker dinner hosted by Hendry Winery. This dish was accompanied by a Green Pea Polenta and Estate Cabernet Sauvignon.