Sponsored by Sargento Foods
No one understands the importance of family more than self-proclaimed internet cook, Ariana Ruiz. Her “I’m your mom now” messaging has taken the internet by storm and touched the hearts of many who did not have family to teach them cooking essentials. For Ariana, dinner is a time to share her heritage and culture with her children, which is why she trusts Sargento, a third-generation family-owned company whose dedication to authentic flavors is the perfect cheesy addition to every meal!
Inspired by the recipes she learned from her abuelita, Ariana brings her own flair to traditional dishes, like caldo de pollo, and creates a simple, but delicious new recipe: Cheesy Chicken Tortilla Soup made with Sargento® Shredded Mild Natural Cheddar Cheese. Shredded from blocks of real cheese, the mild Cheddar brings a rich, savory finish to all your favorite recipes. Find the recipe below to give your familia a cheesy surprise for your next family dinner!
- 2 lbs chicken breast
- 2 tbsp chicken base
- 2 tbsp Mexican red chile powder
- 6 cups of water
- 1 bag of frozen corn
- 1 lime
- ¼ tsp cumin
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tbsp caldo de pollo
- 1 tsp salt
- Garnish tortilla strips (12 corn tortillas fried with 1 cup oil)
- 1 avocado
- Mexican crèma
- 1 bag of Sargento® Shredded Mild Natural Cheddar Cheese
- Place chicken, tomatoes, garlic, bay leaves, guajillo chiles, onion, cilantro, and chicken base in your pot along with water and Mexican red chile powder.
- Cook on medium to low heat for 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and shred the cooked chicken.
- Once the remaining ingredients have cooled, transfer to your blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour the blended ingredients back into the pot with your shredded chicken and frozen corn.
- Add lime juice, cumin, and caldo de pollo.
- Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cut your tortillas into thin strips and fry them in oil until golden brown.
- Serve and garnish with avocado, Mexican crèma, tortilla strips, and Sargento® Shredded Mild Natural Cheddar Cheese.
As a 3rd generation family-owned company, you can trust Sargento’s commitment to our authentic flavors. Let us know what you think of this recipe and check out Ariana’s socials for more quick and easy recipes!