Demi Lovato is finally speaking out almost two weeks after she was rushed to the hospital having suffered an overdose. The singer released a statement on Instagram saying that her battle with addiction is far from over and that she’s thankful for the support she’s received in the past two weeks.
“I have always been transparent about my journey with addiction,” Demi said on August 5. “What I’ve learned is that this illness is not something that disappears or fades with time. It is something I must continue to overcome and have not done yet. I want to thank God for keeping me alive and well. To my fans, I am forever grateful for all of your love and support throughout this past week and beyond. Your positive thoughts and prayers have helped me navigate through this difficult time.”
The 25-year-old artist was taken to the hospital after a suspected heroin overdose, however, that was quickly disputed. The details of her overdose has yet to be released, but what is important now is that Demi is on the road to recovery, even after it was reported that she had suffered some complications last week.
Demi goes on to say that she is very grateful for her medical team at Cedars-Sinai, saying that without them she would not be alive today.
“I now need time to heal and focus on my sobriety and road to recovery,” Demi said. “The love you have all shown me will never be forgotten and I look forward to the day where I can say I came out on the other side.”
We are so happy to hear from Demi, and wish her all the very best during this tough time. We will be here waiting when she’s ready to return to the stage.