Galletas de Azúcar de Primavera (Spring Sugar Cookies)
Sugar cookies are a mainstay at any family gathering. It seems I do equal amounts of baking both during winter and spring. One of my favorite cookies to bake are sugar cookies and not just any sugar cookie, but a soft cookie. I developed this basic recipe a few years back and have been using it since then. Surprise your friends and family with this yummy and festive cookie at your next family gathering. Make sure you print out copies of the recipe to share with your family and friends.
- 1 Cup Unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1 CupSugar
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1½ Teaspoons Vanilla bean paste or extract
- 1/2 Teaspoon Coconut extract
- 2 Tablespoons Lemon juice
- 1½ Teaspoons Baking powder
- 3 Cups All-purpose flour
- 3 Cups Powdered sugar
- 3 Tablespoons Butter at room temperature
- 6-7 Tablespoons Milk
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 4-5 Drops Yellow food coloring
- Blue food coloring to taste
- 1/4 Cup Pastel sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Using a stand mixer or electric hand mixer, cream the butter and sugar until smooth and fluffy.
- Mix in one egg at a time. Then mix in the vanilla bean paste, coconut extract and lemon juice.
- Combine the baking powder and flour. Gradually mix the dry ingredients to the wet until dough forms.
- Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper. Roll 24 equal cookie dough balls and place 12 on each baking sheet. Using your hands, flatten the dough ball slightly. Bake for 8-10 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool.
- Once cookies are cooled, prepare the frosting. Mix the powdered sugar and butter together. Gradually add in the milk a little at a time until you have a smooth frosting. Mix in 3-5 drops of the yellow food coloring until desired color is reached.
- Frost 12 cookies and after each cookie, add some sprinkles.
- To the remaining frosting, add a few drops of blue food coloring until desired green color. Frost remaining cookies and add sprinkles.