We all have busy weeks and sometimes planning a healthy meal is the last thing we have on our to-do list. This salad recipe comes together quickly and by storing it in a mason jar, it’s easy to take with you when you’re on-the-go. Enjoy!
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup vinegar or lemon juice
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cups carrots, sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 2 cups cucumber, chopped
- 2 cups red cabbage, chopped
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- Whisk together olive oil and vinegar (or lemon). Add salt and pepper to taste. Add as much (or as little) dressing to the bottom of the mason jar.
- Layer each vegetable by color (in the order of a rainbow). When you're ready to eat the salad, shake the closed mason jar to mix the salad and dressing.