Queso fresco is one of the most popular cheeses in Mexico. It’s a soft, moist and mild cheese with a fine grain texture. It’s also a versatile cheese that pairs well with sweet and savory ingredients. For this recipe, I used TROPICAL Queso Fresco and guava paste to make sweet and savory, flaky and delicious pastries. Sooo good!
- 1 10 OZ PACKAGE TROPICAL QUESO FRESCO
- 1 PACKAGE GUAVA PASTE
- 1 PACKAGE PUFF PASTRY SHEETS
- 1 EGG WHISKED
- Preheat oven to 400 ºF.
- Cut cheese and guava paste into thin slices.
- Unfold one of the pastry sheets over a cooking sheet and place as many slices of cheese and guava as you can fit.
- Fold and cover.
- Cut into squares and score the tops of each one. No need to divide the squares. Leave everything intact.
- Brush egg wash over each square to get that flaky crust.
- Bake for 25 min.
- Serve and enjoy!
This article was republished with permission from HispanicKitchen.com