Sponsored by Sargento Foods Inc.
On Día De Los Muertos, we uplift and honor the memory of our loved ones by offering tasty food and treats for the visiting spirits. For Ariana Ruiz, Latina mom and TikTok culinary extraordinaire, remembering her abuelita through food is very important to her.
The importance Ariana places on food and family is the same for Sargento, a third-generation family-owned company where family bonds and quality cheese comes at the top of their list.
Growing up in a bordertown in Texas was a unique experience for Ariana and her family, especially when it came to food. Like many, she recalls countless walks through the bridge connecting the U.S. and Mexico, filled with bright flowers, colorful aguas frescas, and cheesy hamburguesas being prepared over a metal flat top. Most of all, she remembers and cherises the quality time she got to spend with her abuelita through sharing a meal and cooking recipes together.
On this Día de los Muertos, Ariana is honoring her abuelita through what she knows best: food! Inspired by her own duality, Ariana decided to create her take on the classic hamburger, infusing it with the flavors of Juarez, Mexico!
Similar to Ariana, Sargento understands the significance of family traditions and values. And as a 3rd generation family-owned company, authenticity is key to Sargento, which is why it fits perfectly with Ariana’s Tex-Mex inspired recipes.
Make your own Mexican Hamburguesa (Mexican Cheeseburger Stuffed with Cheese) using Sargento® Shredded 4 Cheese Mexican Natural Cheese and Sargento® Sliced Colby-Jack Natural Cheese – the perfect mix that adds an authentic smooth flavor to any dish. Follow Ariana’s simple recipe full of melted, cheesy goodness!
2 lbs 85% lean ground beef
1 garlic clove, finely chopped
1/2 cup onion, chopped
1 jalapeño, chopped
1 cup of Sargento® Shredded 4 Cheese Mexican Natural Cheese Shreds
2 tsp. Mexican red chile powder
Salt and pepper
Pineapple, sliced Tomato, sliced
Ham, square cut
Iceberg lettuce, shredded
Mayonesa (Mexican mayo with a hint of lime)
Large hamburger buns
- In a large mixing bowl, add ground beef, sliced jalapeño, onion, garlic, seasonings and 1 egg.
- Add in Sargento® 4 Cheese Mexican Natural Cheese Shreds, mix well, and form patties.
- Place patties on a hot cast iron skillet and cook for a few minutes on each side until desired temperature.
- Remove patties from heat and top with Sargento® Sliced Colby-Jack Natural Cheese.
- Chop vegetable toppings accordingly for an aesthetically pleasing hamburger.
- Once chopped, lightly grill the pineapple, ham and toast hamburger buns as desired.
- Spread Mexican mayo on buns, assemble the burger with toppings and enjoy!
Check out Ariana’s video below to follow along as she prepares this mouth-watering Mexican-American fusion!