Sponsored by Sargento® Foods
For Latinxs, Thanksgiving is the day we gather with our loved ones to share gratitude and enjoy food from our cultura. From assembling delectable appetizers to preparing traditional recipes from scratch, there’s nothing Ariana Ruiz, Latina supermom and homecook chef, enjoys more than putting together a delicious Thanksgiving spread for her family. Queso Fundido, a dish she learned to make with her abuelita, is a must-have during the holidays for the Ruiz family.
With family at the top of Ariana’s list in life, she appreciates and values the fact that Sargento® is a 3rd generation family-owned company. If there’s anyone that knows the importance of authentic flavors being passed from one generation to the next, it’s the Sargento® family, which is why it’s become Ariana’s go-to cheese brand throughout all of her recipes.
Ariana’s queso fundido recipe in particular, is the perfect appetizer for your family as they eagerly await the main course on Thanksgiving Day. Using a block of Sargento® Fiesta Pepper Jack Natural Cheese, you’ll create the perfect balance of flavors with the spicy-hot kick of jalapeño, red bell peppers, serrano and habanero and the smooth, delicate flavor of Monterey Jack cheese. Feeling bold? Try making your own tortillas from scratch to pair with this spicy and delicious Queso Fundido!
Here’s the full recipe, followed by a video of Ariana preparing the Queso Fundido herself!
2 serrano chiles, chopped
1 large tomato, chopped
½ cup onion, chopped
1 lb chorizo
2 cups Sargento® Fiesta Pepper Jack Natural Block Cheese
½ cup cilantro, chopped (garnish)
Corn tortillas, flour tortillas, or tostada chips– the queso fundido can be served with any homemade or store bought tortilla chips!
- Chop serrano peppers, tomato, and onion.
- Add chorizo to a pan and cook for about 4 minutes.
- Add chopped veggies and cook for an additional few minutes or until tender.
- Set chorizo and veggies to the side and shred Sargento® Fiesta Pepper Jack Natural Block Cheese.
- Add cheese to skillet, warming until melted.
- Once reaching desired consistency, place chorizo mixture over melted cheese.
- Garnish with cilantro and dig in with a tortilla or tostada chip for the best cheese pull!
Get your Sargento® cheese ready and check out Ariana’s video below for a Thanksgiving appetizer that your familia is sure to love!