Avocado Banana Smoothie
- 3 ripe bananas
- 2 cups coconut water
- 1/2 avocado, mashed
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 12 ice cubes
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Dash of salt
- Banana slices and crushed almonds for topping (optional)
- In a blender, combine bananas and coconut water. Puree until smooth.
- Add the following 6 ingredients, and continue to blend until smooth.
- Serve in frozen mug or glass. Top with banana and crushed nuts, if desired.
Skin-Boosting Blueberry Avocado Smoothie
- ½ cup blueberries
- 1 avocado (peeled & de-seeded)
- 5.3 oz Silk Blueberry Fruity and Creamy
- 1 tsp turmeric
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp fresh ginger (grated)
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp flaxseed
- 1 cup Silk Soymilk
- 1 cup ice
- Add the blueberries, avocado and Silk Fruity and Creamy to a blender. Add the turmeric and cinnamon, freshly grate the ginger into the blender.
Recipe Source – http://whitneybond.com
Detox Avocado Smoothie
- 1 cup chopped spinach
- 1 frozen banana
- 1/4 cup mashed avocado
- 1 cup coconut water
- 1 tablespoon aloe vera juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 to 3 dashes of cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup coconut water ice cubes
- Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
Double-Decker Tropical Fruit Avocado Smoothie
- 1 1/2 cups pineapple juice
- 1 1/2 cups frozen mango chunks
- 2 kiwis, peeled
- Half a small, ripe avocado, peeled and cored
- 3/4 cup coconut milk beverage
- 1 1/2 cups frozen strawberries
- Pour pineapple juice into a blender. Add in mangoes, kiwis and avocado. Blend until smooth. Divide smoothie among 3 - 4 glasses. Rinse blender.
- Add coconut milk and strawberries to blender and blend until smooth. Spoon strawberry smoothie over smoothie in glasses.
- Serve immediately.
Recipe Source: recipe from Best 100 Smoothies for Kids by Deborah Harroun
Vanilla Avocado Smoothie
- 2 avocados
- 1 large frozen banana
- 1 handful of ice
- 1 (14-ounce) can light coconut milk, preferably cold if you like cold smoothies
- 2 tablespoons hemp seeds
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon vanilla bean paste pinch of sea salt
- Add all ingredients to the blender and... blend!
Recipe Source – http://www.howsweeteats.com/2016/03/avocado-vanilla-smoothie/
Chocolate Avocado Smoothie
- 12 ounces coconut milk, unsweetened
- 1 small avocado
- 1/2 banana
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cocoa powder, unsweetened
- 1/4 cup sweetened, shredded coconut
- 2 dates, pitted
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 cup of ice
- Place all ingredients in a blender in the order listed and blend until smooth. Pour, sip and enjoy!
Recipe Source – http://jellytoastblog.com/chocolate-avocado-smoothie
This article originally appeared on PopSugar.com and was written by Macy Daniela Martin
Just as the title reads delicious and healthy smoothie recipes from around the web!
This creamy avocado banana smoothie is “the perfect natural pick-me-up,” says Rich Goldstein, owner of the Natural Epicurean Academy of Culinary Arts. It’s also a delicious way to protect your heart: the monosaturated fatty acids (MUFAs) in avocados and potassium in bananas all offer cardiovascular support, while cinnamon can help lower LDL cholesterol levels. Even better if you’re watching your waistline: MUFAs have been shown to target belly fat, so sipping on this frosty low-calorie smoothie when the temperatures rise is a good idea.
Enjoy this creamy, dairy-free smoothie in the morning for breakfast or as part of a cooling lunch.