The team at Hispanicize sets the bar higher and higher, year after year. The new venue JW Marquis Marriott, inaugural CMO DiMe Summit, and the amazing energy everyone brought made Hispanicize 2017 extra special. This year I attended the event on behalf of HipLatina and was granted access to all of the events.
With over 3,000 people in attendance I had the opportunity to meet so many entrepreneurs, new bloggers, and catch up with old colleagues, and cruised the expo floor. The thrill of seeing friends who are now recognized top influencers and rub shoulders with entertainers, while sitting side-by-side with nationally known news professionals and brand leaders who understand and celebrate the diversity we live every day, was beyond inspiring.
Top Memories from #Hispz17:
- The Positive Impact Awards honored four outstanding individuals who have made an impact in their local communities with an emphasis on STEM, empowerment, financial education, community revitalization sponsored by Prudential Financial.
- Private Concert performed by international activist, humanitarian, Latin Grammy award-winning international sensation Juanes.
- Meeting and connecting with Siedah Garrett, songwriter for Michael Jackson’s “Man in the Mirror” song.
- Seeing NBCUniversal News Broadcaster, Jose Diaz-Balart receive Latinovator of the Year.
- Meeting Veronica Falcon and Jon Ecker stars of Queen Of The South.
- Networking with other like-minded influencers and media professionals and learning about ways to help my community through volunteering efforts identified by NeighborhoodOfGood.com from State Farm Insurance.
- Seminars and workshops led by digital content creators who have blazed the trails for other influencers and storytellers sharing their expertise and tips for taking your personal brand to the next level.
Wow, the four days of non-stop seminars, meet and greets, lunches, and playing totally wore me out (in the best way possible!) I wrapped up the week at the TECLA Awards co-hosted by two of our favorites, Pili Montilla and Christian Acosta, with more than 125 content creators nominated in 26 categories. With all of the great connections, memories, new friends, and new opportunities I can’t wait for #Hispz18.