- 14 ounces sweetened shredded coconut, (1 package)
- 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 6 large egg yolks, at room temperature
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, stir together coconut, room temperature egg yolks and sweetened condensed milk until well-combined.
- Coat 8x8 pyrex pan with non-stick spray.
- Spread coconut mixture evenly.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until the edges are golden brown.
- Cool completely and cut into squares and serve.
Mexican Cocadas are some of my favorite holiday desserts. Most, well maybe every Latin American country have a similar type of dish that uses the same ingredients only made in a different shapes and sizes. If you are looking for an easy way to share your favorite treat and have limited time, try our alternative recipe that uses a baking pan instead of individual cookies or candies.